ABOUT BLUES AGAINST HUNGER SOCIETYThe Blues Against Hunger Society is dedicated to feeding the hungry. Our mission is an organization dedicated to feeding the hungry through blues music. Our mission is to produce, help produce, and promote blues music food drive events, where we invite local and regional musicians to participate in the events. We then invite the community to join the party and bring a non-perishable food donation that stays in each specific community.
Blues Against Hunger Society believes hunger and blues come from the same origin - poverty. Blues overcame being a music of the impoverished to become an inspiration and element of all western music since. It's with this power of the blues, that we fight to overcome hunger.
READ MORE INFORMATION:
- THE BAHS CAUSE - The reason Blues Against Hunger Society is fighting hunger, why it is so important, and why EVERYONE should all help.
- THE BAJA BLUES TOUR. An annual 16-day food drive tour of Baja California, Mexico.
- JAMBOREE CONCERTS! Weekly food drive music concert throughout the USA, MEXICO, & CANADA.
- Blues Against Hunger Society FAQ
- FOOD DRIVE FACTS
BLUES AGAINST HUNGER SOCIETY began in San Felipe Baja, California on May 9, 2013, when two crazy promoters decided to produce a blues music food drive concert for the hungry families and elderly of their area. The event was such as success they decided to bring other musicians together; creating Blues jam food drive concerts everywhere.
- The summer of 2014 was the BAHS first food drive concert tour from San Diego, California to Medford, Oregon and raised nearly 4000lbs of food for many communities over 6 months.
- The winter of 2015 was where the BAHS tours began in Baja California, Mexico. The tour included five communities, San Felipe, Mulege, Loreto, La Paz, and Los Barriles on the Baja California peninsula, Mexico. The 2015 Baja tour raised a total of 2700 lbs of food for the communities.
- In 2016, BAHS produced five multiple band food drive events on the Pacific Coast of Baja California including Punta Banda, Ensenada, Rosarito Beach, and Valle de Guadalupe, raising over 2000 pounds for non-perishable food for many needed families.
- In February 2017, the next Baja Blues Tour was completed
- In the Summer of 2017 The Brewers & Blues Against Hunger Tour again took the crazy couple North from California to Oregon to Utah, Arizona, and back to Baja.
- During the Spring of 2018, the Sunday Jamborre Concerts began in San Felipe Baja for 6 weeks, raising over 3000 pounds of food.
- In the Summer of 2018, the Sunday Jamboree continued, but in Rosarito Beach where the community came together to raise over 5000 pounds of food for those in need.
- MORE TO COME!!_________________________________________
The Blues Against Hunger Society invites you to help improve people's lives through the sharing of blues music and feeding the hungry within your community.
Join Blues Against Hunger Society and help us fight hunger.
ABOUT THE FOUNDERS
BLUES AGAINST HUNGER was founded by Sixx & Rachel Pack, both lifetime marketers and promoters from California. After years of promoting the two retired to Baja California Mexico in 2006, by 2008 they were back promoting again, only this time in Mexico. Together they worked another seven years promoting local charity festivals and events. They wanted to travel more, while also continuing the charity event productions, they then created BLUES AGAINST HUNGER SOCIETY.
|Sixx and Rachel behind the stage at the 2008 Blues & Arts.|
- More about the BAHS founders -
BLUES & ARTS FESTIVAL
(2008 - 2014)
(2008 - 2014)
In 2008, the newly chartered San Felipe Lions Club asked Sixx and Rachel to help them produce San Felipe Blues & Arts festival, which they wished to become their foundation fundraising event. For the next 7 years, Sixx and Rachel along with the Lions Club co-produced the event. Sixx and Rachel managed stage production, hired and hosted the musical talent, while the Lions Club managed sponsors, volunteers, ticketing, security, and concessions. San Felipe Blues & Arts festival has become a staple event for the San Felipe Lions Club and in the community. The San Felipe Lions Club continues to produce a wonderful annual festival that continues to help the community. The Club helped build an orphanage, along with providing eye care, glasses, and medical care including surgeries for those in need within San Felipe. http://www.bluesandarts.com/. Photos: 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
In 2012, Marty and Jackie Alameda hired Sixx and Rachel to help them produce a fundraising blues festival in Rosarito Beach. The event was a great success and launched a new blues event in Baja California. Featuring the best regional and international blues artists and has raised thousands, for the local kids in need. The Baja Blues Fest Organization raises funds and assists in fundraisers for the wellbeing and education of Baja Children. Held each at the Beautiful Rosarito Beach Hotel in Rosarito and has become a premiere Baja event that supports orphanages, reading programs, scholarship organizations and even assist with the payment of utility bills, medical needs, clothing and furniture needs in and during building expansions. The event continues to grow and help Baja children. http://www.bajabluesfest.org/ Photos: 2012
|2014 BUD LIGHT LATINO FEST|
Saturday, February 15th, 2014 Rachel and Sixx, along with good friend Terry Van Arsdale produced the Bud Light Latino Fest. The event will be held at La Ventana del Mar Resort, a beautiful world-class resort located on the beach of the gorgeous Sea of Cortez. Sponsored by Bud Lite / Corona.
The event was a great success, not only in terms of attendance but also the variety of Latin music from Flamenco to Norteno and including the finest Latin cuisine. Including performances by Los Regionales de Mexicali, Tesoro from Tuscon Arizona, and many others. The Baja Latino Fest was a unique bilingual multicultural event is for everyone of all ages. A celebration of all things Latin; Music, Dance, Food, and Friendships. Photos: 2014